Our diverse portfolio
All about our portfolio of quality data and information services and projects – how we deliver them and how we tackle challenges in the digital information world
Quality service delivery
Mimas maintains a diverse portfolio of quality data and information services for education and research. Millions of users rely on these applications to get their work done.
Researchers locate rich primary data through services such as the UK Data Service and Landmap. We also help them keep up-to-date with the latest research through services such as Zetoc, Europe PubMed Central, and Web of Knowledge.
Copac and the Archives Hub enable people to search for items held in UK libraries and archives. And we support students and educators through resources such as Jorum.
Our service delivery work requires continuous engagement in research and development, and we have undertaken a range of projects to help us investigate new ways of approaching challenges in the digital information world.
Just a few of our current research and development projects include:
- Names – solving the critical problem of name authorities for institutional repositories
- InFuse – helping researchers, teachers and students to understand, explore, obtain and use UK census information in innovative ways
- JUSP – providing libraries (and librarians) with a simpler way of analysing the usage and impact of their e-journal subscriptions
As an organisation, we see ourselves as part of a broader collective, all striving towards the same common goal:
To make data and information findable and useful, and to further the world's knowledge
We also collaborate with many respected bodies to undertake this work, including:
- The University of Manchester
- British Library
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK)
- Research Information Network (RIN)
- National Centre for Text Mining (NaCTeM)
- Wellcome Trust
As new opportunities emerge for research and development, we welcome approaches for collaboration and partnership.
Please get in touch if you'd like to talk to us.
Our core services and projects, plus other hosted services: